Thursday, June 13, 2013

I hate sleeping & 50 other things you never wanted to know.

It's currently 5:20am and while many bloggers are waking up to start their busy days, I'm still awake. Wide awake. These are the moments that I hate my ADD medication & working at a bar. Those things may work out for people with just those two issues, but I also go to school full time and take 8am classes an hour away. I'm glad I'm on break until next week. Unfortunately I still have to be up early tomorrow to go all the way to school just to drop off a check, get a bunch of crap accomplished and then be at my mom's salon to get my hair done. So many of you think I'm insane for hating sleep, but this is the exact reason why. 

I don't mind being up this late. I enjoy being able to watch stupid lifetime movies and have a few beers or a few glasses of wine. Then I start hearing birds chirping and I realize most people up at this hour are drinking coffee. I start thinking about all the things I want to get done in the day and all of a sudden I dread actually going to sleep. Not to mention I usually don't even feel tired at all.

My post wasn't meant to be about how crappy I am about sleeping. I actually came across a post that helped pass some time... I used to have an Xanga and looking back it consumed of mostly surveys. When I saw this post I knew I had to do it. Bringing back old memories and giving me a reason to stay awake.



1. Do you like blue cheese? Yes. Especially blue cheese crumbles.

2. Have you ever smoked a cigarette? Yes. Sometimes while drinking or if I've been really stressed. Usually I just smoke e-hookahs or cigars.

3.Do you own a gun? No. I never want to. My dad is a police officer and a hunter so obviously I'm not against guns. I just never want the responsibility of a gun.

4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? I hate sonic. I've had it maybe 3 times and  every time it makes me feel like I'm consuming cleaning products. 

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? I used to until I was certified in phlebotomy. Then I had all these health issues and I had to get my blood drawn like 40 times in one year. I also had to go to the ER to get stitches and he started after the numbing shots wore off... So pretty much the only time I get nervous is if I'm worried I'm going to get my blood tested without notice and I've consumed caffeine. 

6. Do you like hot-dogs? Sure.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? A few cups of coffee.

9. Can you do push-ups? Yes. 

10. What’s your favorite meal? That's hard. Probably anything my mom makes.

11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My rings or my GSHOCK because I constantly wear both.

12. Favorite hobby? Shopping.

13. Do you work with people who idolize you? I kind of laughed at this. No. I work at a bar. I'm going to school full time so it makes it hard to work nights and weekends which doesn't always go over well in the bar industry.

14. Name a trait that you hate about yourself? I can seem very shy. I don't like opening up to people unless I find a reason to trust them. Therefor I come off as a bitch. 

15. Middle name? Nicole

16. Name 3 thoughts at this moment: My back is killing me, I need to fall asleep but my ADD medication loves to keep me up for days straight & how are all my e-hookahs dead.

17. Name 3 things you bought yesterday: Actually nothing. I'm shocked.

18. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Coffee, Water and usually an alcoholic beverage.. maybe I should of left that off but I don't care.

19. Current worry right now? Money, my back and life in general.

20. Current hate right now? My stress level.

21. Favorite place to be? Nashville. 

22. How did you bring in New Years? The past two years... at work. 

23. Favorite place to go? Anywhere that I can forget about stress. 

24. What is your most recurring dream? Lately I keep getting dreams about my teeth being loose or falling out. I also get dreams about being pregnant with triplets. Both cause me to wake up in tears.

25. Introvert or extrovert? It depends on the situation. 

26. What color shirt are you wearing? Luke's grey MSU hoodie.

27. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Yes.

28. Can you whistle? Yes, I can. 

29. Favorite color? Red. I also love any neon color.

30. Would you be a pirate? No. However I'd dig living on water and more glamorous things pirates encounter. 

31. What songs do you sing in the shower? I have a playlist that I listen to in the shower. Girl singers. All the voices I wish I had.

32. Favorite girl’s name? Aubrey Mae

33. Favorite boy’s name? Brayden Mitchell

34. Who is your loudest friend? LBZ. When I have a migraine it doesn't matter if I'm upstairs in bed and he's downstairs, I can still hear him loud and clear.  

35. What’s in your pocket right now? Nothing.

36. Last thing that made you laugh? My crappy night at work.

37. Bed sheets as a child? Probably animal print.

38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Thank god I've never had anything serious. I broke my collar bone when I was born and I slicked my pinky on a beer glass at work. 

39. Do you love where you live? I don't hate it, but I obviously belong in Nashville

40. How many TVs are in your house? five

41. What is your worst habit? Cussing and shopping.

42. How many dogs do you have? Two. My Golden Savannah and my rescue German Shepherd/Greyhound Rocky.

43. Does someone have a crush on you? LOL.

44. Do you own slippers? Many. I never wear them though.

45. What is your favorite book? Anything by ellen hopkins 

46. What is your favorite candy? Sour Patch Kids

47. What is your favorite sports team? DETROIT RED WINGS. Obviously. 

48. What song do you want played at your funeral? The Dance by Garth Brooks. 

49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? As I'm writing this it's 5am.. so I was leaving work & watching Chicago beat Boston. 

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? How lazy would it be to ask for a cup of coffee brought to me when it's as easy as pressing a button. 

1 comment:

  1. It sucks that you can't sleep when/if you want to. Although at times, this would be a blessing to me. Maybe. I nominated you for an award the other day. It's not my last one but the one before that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com