Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions suck.

I was suppose to have this post ready to go today.
However, I enjoyed New Years Eve a little too much.
I was so happy to be able to have the same New Year kiss for the third year in a row.
He also was nice enough to pick me up & drive me to my parents so I didn’t have to wake them.
I wasn’t happy going into the night but, I had so much fun. Hello 2013!


I typically say my new years resolution is to have no resolutions.

If I was to make resolutions they’d be similar to most people’s unrealistic resolutions;
Work out 6 times a week
Lose 16.4 pounds
Become a cleaning freak
Read 3 books a month
Run a marathon and finish first
Shop only when I absolutely need something
Only drink 1 beer a week
Volunteer every weekend
Attend church

I don’t do resolutions. I’ve never even toyed with the “new year, new me” idea..
But, maybe 2013 is a good time to start with some realistic improvements.
I’m not making resolutions. I’m making changes. Setting goals.

 

Get organized.
No, I don’t plan on developing new awesome ways to organize all the crap that I own. But, I would like to be able to get more organized so that I can be less stressed.

Blog more.
I’ve become an awesome slacker when it comes to my blog. Sometimes I feel so pressured to write an interesting post instead of some random post about a whole lot of nothing. I’m a perfectionist so I either want to do something as perfect as possible or I just get too stressed over it and just put it off. I want to truly get back to blogging for myself. I started blogging because I love writing. I want to blog more but, I don’t want to feel like blogging is a job.

Be a better girlfriend.
My relationship is wonderful. I know that I will marry this man. But, I know sometimes I can be hard to handle. I get stressed and I can be a complete brat. Although even at my all time worst I’m not even close to as crazy and awful as his ex.. I never want him to feel miserable or unhappy in our relationship like his past relationship. I want to surprise him more, kiss him more, and really just enjoy our relationship.

Diet.
Okay. So maybe not really diet.. but, I need to figure out a way to eat healthier. I eat far too much junk and although I don’t gain weight from it all.. I still feel guilty.

Be easier on myself.
I have the hardest time with this.

Act my age.
Sometimes I feel that I’m such an old lady. I don’t go out much. I’m so worried about work and school. I need to start enjoying myself while I’m still young. I brought in 2013 like someone my age would. Wasn’t that bad.

 

I have a really good feeling about this year.
I think I have a lot to look forward to.

 

Untitled 1

2 comments:

  1. Love this post ... a lot of my "resolutions" ha are the same as yours :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your "resolutions" because they're realistic. That's where people screw up. Resolutions are temporary. Changes are what should be made.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com