Sunday, December 9, 2012

Weekends are for the warriors.

image

What an eventful weekend. I never really recap my weekends but, I’m doing it. It was fab.

 

image
We did a whole lot of nothing. I studied my butt off. I was stressed. Rushing to get everything done.

 

 

image
Work up around 6am. Had two finals. Rushed home to get ready. Headed to Grand Rapids.
Lucas’ Christmas party for work is always a lot of fun. They have an obnoxious amount of free food, entertainment and just a ton of stuff to do. Mat Kearney performed, he was fabulous! Lucas and I had fun getting photos taken and we even had a flipbook made! That’s were the photos at the top of the post are from.. I’ll show you all a bunch of random ones from our book…image

image

image

image

image

These are from our flip book.

image
image
image
image
image
image

After we had our fun, we went back to the hotel room for a few and then got ready to leave. Lucas went back home because he had to work the next day.. and I went to my best friend’s condo. I had a whole lot of fun. Maybe a little bit too much fun. I missed my man a lot. I always hate going places without him. Not that I’m dependent on him.. but, he’s my best friend.

I’m not used to the whole college partying thing. Staying up until 8am was pretty hard for me.
We hung out with her neighbors and they’re all trying to study for finals but, took the night off.. sort of.
I ended up falling asleep in a chair, all curled up like a cat.. and by the time I was leaving at 1pm..
Some of them were still awake. I couldn’t even wrap my mind around how anyone can physically do that.
But, I had so much fun! Allison and I have been best friends since kindergarten. It’s weird to be so far away.
image

Driving home was awful! There was a a point where it was 29 degrees out and it was pouring rain. The entire freeway was like an ice rink. There were police, fire trucks and ambulances EVERYWHERE. I counted 17 cars in the ditch. Let me just tell you, I started balling. Crying my eyes out. All because I was scared that my truck was going to slide off the road and flip.

But, I made it home safe. I’m just absolutely exhausted and considering going to bed at 10pm.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! Did any of you do anything exciting??

BY THE WAY!
I have also opened up a store to sell my bracelets I make.
Come check it out!
I’ll be adding much more this week!!

 

Untitled 1

6 comments:

  1. Girl I would have cried like a baby too. I hate driving on that shit. Scares the piss out of me. Looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, you and Lucas are wayyyyy too adorable!!!! I love all the pics! That drive sounds horrifying, I experienced something similar back in feb driving home from Oregon and I was FREAKING OUT. Glad you're safe <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flip book :) & I am glad you are ok after that scary drive home :( boo to ice, rain & freezing cold temps...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flipbook is awesome!! You guys are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com