Wednesday, November 14, 2012

OHP! & something serious

Source: zulily.com via Amanda on Pinterest

 

Source: zappos.com via Amanda on Pinterest

 

 

Source: saifou.com via Amanda on Pinterest

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I never thought that I would be writing this… let alone as I’m sobbing. I’m considering deleting my social networks.
I feel like I don’t even know if I want to keep blogging. I have always had to deal with bulling. But, lately I feel like maybe my social networks are giving them fuel. A few weeks ago I had these two girls I used to be friends with in high school post all over my Facebook all of this crap pretty much calling me a loser and that I do nothing with my life. All because I go to a private college (my program is only available at like 10 colleges in Michigan). At my college I have 10 week classes opposed to 15 like other colleges.. it’s a hell of a lot harder and I know no one realizes it.. ANYWAYS… tonight.. I get this message…

I posted it on facebook.. Immature? I don’t care.. I said this on my status… ”Oh, wahh. I went to Schoolcraft (which is also a community college) and I'm certified in Phlebotomy but unfortunately working in a hospital with that kind of job doesn't give me even close to half the money I make working at a bar. Yes, I go to Baker because the program I'm going into isn't offered at the community college you attend. Or any local college/university. Let's be real now, my post will never be as mature as yours and go on and on about how much I hate guys and how heart broken I am after the same guy cheats on me 12 times in a row.”

My status actually received positive feedback.

But… Honestly, this was from a girl who posts about her on and off relationship with some dude who has cheated on her over and over. So, I know that this shouldn’t bother me.. but, it’s just been one thing after another and honestly I’m just done. Luckily Lucas was here with me while I let things sink in. His response? “You’re open about your life on social media networks. You have to expect some people to use stuff against you. Then you have to weed out the people that will use stuff against you.” Actually, I just expected people to be adults. So, I’m trying to decide if I’m going to just be done with all of this internet bullshit or if I’m going to just associate with the blogging side of things. I love blogging, I love the people I have met through blogging.. which is why I’m turning to you guys as I’m crying, writing this.. and as my boyfriend is sitting there trying to cheer me up. I never let things get to me.. I just think I’ve been dealing with so much of this that I no long know that to do….

Untitled 1

17 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are having problems with immature people on social media, you think the bullying would stop once out of high school, but sadly, it is something we may experience for the rest of our lives. We just have to learn to let it go, I know easier said then done. Maybe you should delete everyone but your close friends and family and keep your profiles private that way no one that isnt important to you cant post things that are hurtful. Hang in there - I hope things get better for you!!! : ) On a side note, those cheetah cowboy boots are soooo cute!!!

    -lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog!! Please don't stop :) I had a similar thing happen I cleaned out all my so called "friends" from my Facebook. I even deactivated it for awhile and now just post few things on it. I wish people could act more like adults, but clearly she hasn't left high school yet. Just brush her off & keep your head up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh Social Networking has so many ups and downs. I'm sorry you are going through this. Social networking is such a new thing we dont really know how to handle these kinds of situations, i had a situation myself where i had to distance myself from facebook because so many things from my past that I needed to move on from kept popping up. I have found that the "blog world" is much more understanding and mature than some of our IRL "friends" so i have limited my social networking to my blog connections and that helps alot. My IRL friends that matter i see or can keep up with by actually talking to in person or on the phone or text and dont rely on social networks. It works for me....maybe it will help you!

    Tara

    http://tarabelle-adropofink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I deleted my Facebook account about 6 months ago (so did my hubby) and it was the best thing we ever did. No more drama, no more people complaining and fighting over stupid things. There is so much positive to focus on in your life so don't let the social media drama drag you down. Just delete it and move on. You won't be sorry you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh girl, I am so sorry to hear about this. I actually wrote my thesis in college (at a PRIVATE SCHOOL btw) about the negative effects socila media has on our lives. Writing it made me realize a couple things...1) social media is an excellent outlet for all of us and 2) people that are being mean to you about it obviously care what you have to say because they're reading it. Stay strong. As odd as it may be, I actually admire Snooki for how she deals with haters on social media. She hits the block or delete button and then laughs at how pathetic they are.

    Your Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Blog, etc. are YOUR business. You make the decisions for them. If you want to delete or hold back for awhile, do it. But you shouldn't feel pressured to.

    Hope this helps!

    Cate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry people suck! I would miss you if you quit blogging! Unfortunately there's nothing to stop the aasholes from being ridiculous. Just know that we'd miss you a lot in the blogging community!

    ReplyDelete
  7. People can be so immature and cruel. The ones who bully you obviously don't know you and don't realize that the most beautiful people are the ones who have known defeat, suffering, and struggle. Those people don't deserve to be in your life and they definitely don't have any room to judge you and make you feel bad. I'm sorry you have to deal with their bullshit because no one deserves that! At the end of the day, just try to focus on what's holding you together rather than what's tearing you apart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do think it's really unfortunate that people stoop so low, but you also dont need to sink to their level either. It seems like this person is sending you this message to make them feel better about their life. A mature person wound have just blocked you and not said anything. Clearly the message was meant to get a rise out of you or to benefit them in someway. By reacting or responding you are playing into their game and giving them what they want. My advice: ignore them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I personally, really enjoy your blog. These people are clearly jealous of you, or are carrying around some other baggage. If they just thought your posts were annoying, why don't they just ignore them. Don't stop blogging {or anything else}. There will always be haters. Always. Bless their hearts. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. No! Don't stop blogging, just block these chicks and keep it movin! Haters gonna hate, that is a theme for my girlfriends and I.

    ReplyDelete
  11. try and stay positive friend! i know it's hard, but just keep focusing on what is important to you and that is all that matters!

    happy wednesday! xo, sarah grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have found that blogger friends are always better than Facebook friends

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some people are so incredibly rude. And I'm not gonna say "don't let it get to you" because, trust me, I know how hard of advice that is to take. Just have faith that you're the better person! And I second the above comment, blog friends are 100x better than Facebook friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, people can be terrible. I really enjoy your blog/tweets so I hope you don't delete them, but do what makes you happy! I clean out my facebook constantly to get rid of dramatic people and my page is private so they can't stalk if they get deleted. Luckily I am blessed to not have much drama around, I avoid it like the plague. I went to a private college, and am probably going to another private college because here in Cali the community college is soooo congested. People hate, and brag about how they went to Universityyyy wow I dont care. College is college, no need to one-up someone who is making a life for themselves. Keep your head up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know the saying, "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all."? Your "friend" should learn it and live it. I'm sorry she was so rotten to you. That's just uncalled for. I'm new here, so I obviously don't know you well, or at all, but keep your head up! Keep blogging! :)

    BTW, I'm also from Michigan! (But love the South!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, girl! I am seriously SO SORRY! That is terrible. I love reading your blog and I'm happy to have 'met' you via the blog world. I have a SUPER private Facebook page bc I too have deal with crap like that, not as harsh, but similar. You can set yours so that NO ONE can even search for you/send you messages if you don't want them to. I hope you hang in there love!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. DO NOT stop writing! I enjoy it too much.
    I know it's easier said than done, but try to let those idiots and their hurtful words go. Kick them to the curb and block all of them from even seeing a GLIMPSE into your life. The people who love you and who are your actual friends understand what you're going through. Everybody else doesn't really matter. That is YOUR space, not theirs. Do with it what you want. If they don't like it, they don't need to look at it. So I say delete the haters. The people who care about you understand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com