Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pinterest: The Gateway Drug

I’m blaming Pinterest for my Etsy addiction.
The first time I went on Etsy was for these candles I bought at a craft mall.
I thought the site was pretty awesome.. but, now I’m on it daily.

I have to admit, some of the stuff is way too much.
I can typically find the same thing from another Etsy maker for way cheaper.

For example; I have been looking for big cute glittery bracelets.
I kept finding them for $35 or more. That’s a no go.
I might make good money but, I am a bargain shopper. I’m great at it too.

I found the perfect bracelets. MUCH better than the $30 ones.

Neon Orange & Textured Gold Double Chain Bracelet (The Savoie)

They’re from Fashion In The Forest.

PicMonkey Collage

Pink Heart Pink Chain Bracelet

Her items are so fun and affordable. Since I had to show off her store to all of you..
I asked her a few typically questions a buyer might have.

What inspired you to make jewelry?
I remember shopping for jewelry one day and thought "Oh, I could make this!" so I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm inspired by a lot of things, really.  Color palettes and fabric patterns, fun quotes & even sometimes, people.  I try to create for people who want to look cute but don't have a ton of money to do so.  Not everyone can afford a $100 bracelet, you know? :)  My jewelry is for the real girl, the one on a budget, but who still has great style. 

Do you offer custom orders?
I do!  My convo. box on Etsy is always open or feel free to email me at fashionintheforest@gmail.com and we can discuss what you'd like!

How often do you add new items?
I try to at least once every week or two.  Sometimes it's more, sometimes less.  When I get inspired, a flood of new jewelry gets listed fast! 

Three words to describe your items:
colorful fun edgy

Use the code “HALLOWEEN” to receive 20% off your entire order!!!
This also gets you same day shopping!! Valid through 10/31/12!

 

Untitled 1

1 comment:

  1. So glad I found your blog! You're right about Etsy, it's amazing. -- Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com