Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lets talk about blogging, baby.


1. What is the name of your blog and how did you come up with it??
Pretty Little Endeavors. I started out with my name. Then I changed to Barbie Girl because when I had blond hair everyone always said I was a Barbie doll. Once I died my hair back dark I knew I needed something more.. permanent. It sounds weird but since I was about 12 my favorite word has been endeavors. I feel like at my age all I’m encountering is many different endeavors. I just felt it fit my life just right.

2. What do you love the most about blogging??
It’s a place where I can express myself. I can connect with some pretty awesome people who can relate to me. I can find inspiration through other blogs and I can hope that my writing will inspire at least one other person. I love writing.

3. What are your 2 favorite posts you've written?
I can’t pick just two.. so I’ll pick 4. Sorry…

You Can’t Blog With Us –Mean Girls exist on Blogger. They wear pink on Wednesdays

I Just Blog –Without rules

Inspire Me: Healthy –I haven’t always been skinny

Sometimes It’s A Struggle –A Look at my ADD/ADHD struggle

4. What is something you'd want to tell someone just starting out in blog world?
There are blogging rules. Don’t follow them. Make up your own. If you want to blog a certain way and it’s against “big shot blogging rules”.. then do it. You’ll attract readers that enjoy what YOU write. You make not get thousands of followers who follow blogs that follow specific rules.. but who needs people that don’t care about you?

5. Biggest blogging learning experience you've had?
Not have a ton of followers isn’t a bad thing. I feel so appreciated by the few followers I have. Even when I had under 100 I honestly felt like people truly enjoyed what I wrote. No, I don’t write stuff that everyone could enjoy.. but, if I did I probably wouldn’t be writing what I wanted.

6. Give us 3 blogs we NEED to be following that you love.
Don’t Quote The Raven

Living In Yellow

Adventures Of Newlyweds

I have so many more favorites/daily reads… I need to make a list! I shall get on that soon!!
But… Those three I’ve been reading even before I had the balls to start blogging on my own!

 

Sunday Social

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

k

9 comments:

  1. Hello beautiful. I just discovered your blog. It's great I like is very stylish and you are very pretty :) You have a new follower. I invite you to know my blog. I hope your visit;) A big hug. PersonalStyle.
    www.blogpersonalstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely had to check out your "Mean Girls" post! Thankfully I already follow all those wonderful girls you recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um your profile pic on here? super hot!! And your post "you cant blog with us." LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you via the link-up and I love, love, love your blog! Your post on the whole mean girls thing, so amazing and true. I feel the same way!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen for not blogging according to the rules? I'm reminded of what my Mom would always say when someone was acting too much like a bigshot, "Who died and made you god?"
    In reality, there are and should be some rules for blogging...mainly, don't steal other people's work...normal copyright stuff...but besides that, there's a lot of freedom in blogging and that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved reading this post! off to go read about mean girls hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the name of your blog! And I love ur dark hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a cute post on how your blog was started...it was nice knowing these things about you and your blog. That was great advice about not following the rules of blogging...it is better to blog about what you love...and people will be attracted to that...that is so true!!! RoRos World

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from the Sunday Social & following now!

    XO
    Lacey
    https://www.andtheycallmemommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com