Monday, September 10, 2012

I was inspired by this family..

Have you seen this show? Amazing.
What a wonderful family! Why are people so negative about them?
Maybe you’re jealous of their gorgeous family photo on their lovely porch.
Well, watching this show inspired me and I’m going to let you in on my plan.

Okay, I’m lying.

I forced myself to watch ONE episode. I was horrified. Grossed out.
I almost don’t even believe that show is real. Can a family really be that white trashy?

There is a point to my post, I swear!

The episode I saw was the one where they went grocery shopping.. (I’m awesome with details)
I think it was the “Shhh.. it’s a wig” episode..
If not, then I apparently have seen 2 episodes.. yikes!
Well.. the Mom, whatever her name is, is an extreme couponer!

I could of used the Extreme Couponing show as an example.. but, that show annoys me.
Is it really necessary to have 314 rolls of toilet paper, 86 gallons of water and 49 tubes of toothpaste?
No. You don’t need all of that at once. No one needs that unless you have 12 kids. Which I hope you don’t.

I once saw a lady buying 10 large Hazelnut coffee creamers. They were on sale. But, still!!
I drink a lot of coffee.. but probably not enough to have those gone before they expire.

OK. I want to start couponing. I won’t ever be extreme.. but, I want to start.

Do anyone else coupon? Do you save a lot? Do you have a lot of extra items because of it?
Want to share some tips with me?.. Or is that against the extreme couponing rules?

I’m really good at shopping sales.. so maybe I’ll be a natural at coupons. Maybe I’m a little crazy.

I found some good sites. I’ll share them in hopes that some of you will jump on board with me!

The Krazy Coupon Lady

Couponing.com

Living Rich With Coupons

 

Ready to start saving?

Untitled 1

6 comments:

  1. Good luck in your coupon venture! I coupon, but am by no means extreme. The only items I'll ever stock up on because of a good deal are things that do not expire (or not for a looong time at least) and things everyone hates to spend $$ buying: toilet paper, paper towels, deodorant, toothpaste. I only buy what can still EASILY be stored in our hall closet or pantry. I use the Krazy Coupon lady and it's amazinggg. She helps you match your coupons to the store's sales- it's the best way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMANDA!!!!!!! I totally used to coupon. KCL is a site I totally used. I will email you my spreadsheet from when I did so you can see my savings and make your own if you want. I have a lot of stuff still left over. I didn't buy the random stuff only stuff I needed. Air freshener, toothpaste, toothbrushes, tampons, shampoo/cond, etc... Also some food items. It's totally possible, BUT time consuming FOR SURE. I once got 60 packages of spaghetti FOR FREEEEEE. I kept some, gave some to friends and took about 25 to the local firestation. I love couponing just don't have time right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't coupon or anything. I use those reward cards that stores have (Kroger, Sally Beauty Supply, etc), but that's about it.

    If you think they appeared gross on those episodes, then you should have saw where gnats were in and coming out of the mom's forklift toe. Eww.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use coupons and save lots of money. I buy 3-5 of things like toilet paper, laundry detergent, tooth paste and shampoo things like that, also I buy up pasta and condiments but no more than 5 at a time. I have never had any of my things to expire. Sometimes I go and buy more just to donate. It is a great feeling to give to others.

    I am pretty sure all of america feels the same way about HONEY BOO BOO. I haven't heard one person say anything positive about them.

    Come on over to my blog Tiffany @ Dreams Do Come True

    http://happilyeverafter-tiffany.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you. The "honey boo boo" show is so far in left field.. IMO. I can't watch it I tried.. who lets their kid have a pet pig .. let alone INSIDE?? Give me a break. I wish I used coupons.. it's a great way to go if you use it correctly. Like you said nobody needs 86 rolls of tp etc.
    I enjoy reading your blog, I dont' always stop and comment but I wanted to let you know that I am still be a big reader of yours! Can't wait to hear how couponing goes for you!
    Amy @ Trials & Triumphs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post cracked me up. I tuned into my first Honey Boo BOo show the other night and was slightly entertained, but more-so horrified as well. Funny thing though, I couldn't stop myself from watching! My boyfriend who came home to find me watching it was also horrified! Go get your coupon on girl... but agreed. Dont take it too far!

    xx
    
Holly Foxen Wells

    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com