Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sometimes it’s a struggle…

 

IMG_0805

I’m not sure how long you have been following me. I’m grateful that you’re even following.
Right now.. blogging has been a huge struggle.

It’s not because it’s summer and I’m working 5 days a week and going to school 1 day a week..

It’s because I have ADD.. and slight ADHD.

I know that should never be an excuse… maybe I just can’t see it as an excuse. Whatever the reason.. it’s been pretty obvious. I’m not here to make excuses, I swear! If you don’t want to follow me because I’m being a crappy blogger.. I’m not writing this to stop you. I promise.

I used to drink almost 10 energy drinks a day. I kid you not. The first time I ever allowed my doctor to do blood work (At 18 years old) she called me back to tell me how concerned she was because my liver enzymes were so high. They were higher than an alcoholic’s would be. I explained to her my issue I had with concentrating and with school.. I told her how I couldn’t go without caffeine. After about 30 questions.. she realized I had attention deficit disorder.

I was on adderall at first. I absolutely loved it. I never took more than I needed… I’ll mention that because sometimes when I mention to people how much I loved adderall.. they often think I abuse it.

After a few months on my medication.. I was faced with a challenge.. FDA was restricting the amount of medication they’d make.

My doctor switched me over to Concerta.. for me, it didn’t work very well. I’ve been on Concerta for about 2-3 months. I absolutely hate it. It makes me feel so lazy.

Finally, last week I have time for a doctors appointment.. She decided to switch me back to the adderall…

My insurance decided to suck and require my doctor to send in a bunch of paperwork….

So I’ve been here.. 2 weeks without any A.D.D medication…

I feel lazy. I feel awful.

I’ve been eating so much and getting nothing done.

I had a conversation with Lucas about it.. and he reminded me that when I was taking adderall I was so productive. I used to tell him daily at least 10 things I had accomplished. With Concerta (and especially without anything) I just complain about all of the things I don’t get done..

I have found this supplement that gives me energy..
So, I’m hoping I can have some energy to workout and at least do something.
Work has been a struggle, school has been a struggle, working out and blogging too…

If you care to stick around with me through this.. thank you!

Untitled 8

6 comments:

  1. Awh sweet girl - we won't abandon you because you take a sobatical. Some days I just don't feel like sharing my world - ya know?? Feel better honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. feel better girl!!! i know how awful that can be!!! xo Kelly

    PS. Come enter my BLING giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's super awesome that you are so honest about what you're dealing with! Love your blog, and hope your med sitch works out soon so you can feel your best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for being SO honest! I love reading about what's really going on with people so thank you for sharing with us! I know that the battle with ADD/ADHD can be really challenging, especially, as an adult so I think it's fantastic that you are making sure to get what YOU need. I, personally, struggle with anxiety/depression and I know when my medicine is off it can throw my entire world off! It's a struggle. I hope everything works out for you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Logging is meant to be fun. not stressful. it will all work out. take a break we will get here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girlie! Thanks for sharing this...What sort of supplement did you find to take? Just curious.... Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com