Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Weekend recap & blogging facelift.

I’m in the process of giving my blog a makeover. I know that I shouldn’t make changes until I can make them all at once… but, I’ll save all of that for the big shot bloggers. I’m just going to continue to do my thing.

I swear you’ll be impressed!!.. one day.

Oh! Almost forgot.. Check out my new blog name! I figured it was time to take a step back from “Barbie Girl”.. sigh..

I’m consuming far too many cups of coffee currently.. after sleeping until 2pm.. I was tired.

Saturday night I went to see Poison and Def Leppard. I called it “TRASH FEST”.. because it was about 97% white trash. But, I had a pretty good time. I had an excuse to dress like a hoochie and I did it well..
263674b6c87211e19b0622000a1e8a4f_7


It was a little over 100 outside… I kid you not. AWFUL. But, it cooled down. I had some fun.

My mom text me while we were at the concert to tell me she was at my work.. and won almost $10,000 playing keno..  I asked for a kitty.. she said no. But, she did offer me money for my student loans and to pay my phone bill this month… AND she’s taking my dad to Punta Cana… Jealous.


Alright… Bret Michaels wasn’t all that. But, Def Leppard did the damn thing.
I promise to never say that again. I considered deleting it.. but I’ll leave it for humor purposes.


a58a6468c90b11e1bf341231380f8a12_7
Moving on…

SUNDAY

Oh, wait. We did pretty much nothing the rest of the weekend.

Unless you count sitting around. Being dragged to Walmart because they had steel toed boots that Lucas needed another pair of… Man, between Walmart and that concert I felt like I should go visit the trailer park…

OKAY. So we went back home after I threw a crybaby fit because Lucas told the lady at coldstone I didn’t want my mint ice cream mixed with my cake batter.. but I did. Even if it sounds gross.
So, I was a brat the entire night and watched Housewives, Jerseylicious and Bridzillas
while Lucas slept on the couch…
c0132cb0ca5b11e181bd12313817987b_7

I did decide to be nice after we made some Buffalo Pizza at 1am. Only child syndrome.. I can’t help it.

MONDAY
Woke up at 8am.. even though I need to leave my house at 8 in order to get to my 9am class. Was craving iced coffee.. didn’t have time. Had class.. sitting there for over 4 hours is awful. Then I sat around on the blog.. Lucas got his hair cut by my mom.. I finally showered at like 5pm. Then Luke and I went to get self served frozen yogurt with his parents. Then we went grocery shopping and watched Campus PD and America’s Funniest Home Videos. Does anyone else die laughing at AFV? I seriously cry every single time!

 

Well.. Looks like since it’s 3:40pm.. I should get moving with my day!

Hope you all had a fab weekend!! Did you guys do anything super fun??

 

Untitled 3

7 comments:

  1. LOL at Cold Stone! I LOVE that place! But not so much Wal-Mart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome you mom won that much! I never play Keno ... maybe I should.

    I hate Walmart. And I don't use the word lightly. But I do. I really hate Walmart.

    And I'm the same way. I throw a huge fit if my ice cream isn't right or if hubs forgets to say I don't want mayo on my sandwich. And I'm not an only child, haha.

    And yes, AFV ... hilarious! Love that it is still on!

    Have a fabulous evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same in that I pretty much piss my pants laughing at AFV every single time I watch it. I've even been engulfed in a coughing fit, which resulted in me choking, because of it. For cereal. My sister's the same and I have a video from about 5 years ago of her watching it on Christmas day. Hilarious.

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the new blog name, girlie! And way to rock the white trash weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new blog name! And that concert sounds so fun... despite the heat :)
    Your mom is one lucky woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blog facelift looks great! I made a few changes to mind. However, I'm not one of those big shot bloggers either so it still looks ehh! Your mom is so lucky and that's so cool she's gonna help you pay off your student loans! Haha I laughed about how you said "decided to make a pizza at 1 am.. only child syndrom" sounds like me. Glad you had a good weekend love (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. cuuuute blog!! i'll def be back ;)

    follow back??xxo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com