Wednesday, May 2, 2012

NASHVILLE PART 3

Sunday

I woke up and searched the bed for my phone, which I always sleep next to.. Lucas plugged it in and set it on the night stand next to me. I check the time, 7am. I realize that I’m able to see.. which must mean I slept in my contacts. I get up to find my contact case.. take out my contacts and go back to bed. I wake up to one of our phones going off, it’s now 1030am. I tell Lucas to call down to the front desk and request a late check-out.. But, of course they won’t do it. So I get in the shower, we start packing and I decide to make the most of my last day on vacation.

We decide to make one last trip downtown. Lucas wanted to eat at this BBQ place.. but there was a line out the door and he was already grumpy so I suggested Wildhorse Saloon.
IMG_0925

Was it a good idea? No. It was an amazing idea. The guy seats us. Tells us about some food and then I hear the sweet words, “We’re also known for our fried pickles”… If you know anything about me, you know I’m practically addicted to pickles.. and I totally dig fried pickles. So we ordered some…
IMG_0926
HOLY CRAP GUYS…
These babies were so amazing. I can’t even begin to explain how perfect they were. YUM! We had these and ordered huge meals.. it was only noon, but vacation is vacation right? RIGHT!
IMG_0931
IMG_0941

IMG_0932
“PS I’M FULL”

After, we decided to walk around.. we ended up at Starbucks..
IMG_0944

After we decided to just explore before heading back to the airport..
1baede7c946811e1ab011231381052c0_7
IMG_0952
2266c412923f11e1a9f71231382044a1_7

We have to stop at a gas station to fill up the rental car.. Lucas tells me to throw out my bag of snacks and food since we can’t take them. He goes to throw out my leftovers from Wildhorse and a homeless guy stops him and asks if he can have it. Yuck. He gives the guy my food and then I tell him to give him the bag of different chips. Lucky homeless dude, hmm?

So now we’re off to the airport.. really early. I check my bag and go through security.. But, I don’t pass. The TSA lady said it was because of all my “bling bling”.. so I have to get patted down.. obviously I was fine after that.  Don’t wear a sequence shirt to the airport..

We then go sit in comfy seats so I can charge my child iPhone. We sat there for like 2 hours waiting for our flight.. I changed into comfy clothes and went and grabbed food.. finally it was time to board..

I can’t complain though.. our flight was on time and the terminal next to us had to wait 3 hours for their flight because the previous flight had a medical emergency and they had to actually take out seats and replace them.. then they had to wait for the national (something that deals with all the airports) to okay them to take a medical case from another plane that was not going to be used.. That would suck.

Once again we get to board before everyone. I did a fab job of hiding the seat once again. Around 9pm.. it’s time for take off! It was actually a really bumpy flight.. but I enjoyed cuddling with my man.
Finally we arrive in Detroit.. I was so upset..
It was almost 90 in Nashville and sunny! In Detroit it was about 40 and gross out..

My Dad picked us up from the airport. We went to see my doggies and my mom since we bought her gifts. Then I got all my homework together, made Lucas a buffalo pizza and passed out… but Luke woke me up around 2am because I had to go get gas before school tomorrow which I was so glad because that means he pumped it for me and I hate pumping gas. And then I went back to bed.

And… that about sums up our trip.

Nashville was absolutely amazing. Such a crazy good time!
I can’t wait to go back.. I can’t wait to move there!!!

I’m going to try and make a post with a few more pictures I didn’t include..
Hopefully that will be tomorrow or the next day.

Untitled 3

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on fried pickles. Whoever thought of that is a genius! So delish!

    ramblingsfromyourstruly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmm! those fried pickles look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loves all the photos darling!
    looks like a fun time!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com