Thursday, April 5, 2012

It’s Ok Thursdays!

 

Its Ok Thursdays

It’s Ok…

..To not understand our society and they way people think.

..That I’m teaching myself Micro since I can not understand a single word my Micro Professor says..

..To eat ice cream in bed while drinking diet coke and watching Netflix

..To never want to grow up..

..That no matter how exhausted I am.. I never go to bed early

..To wish that I could clear my schedule for ONE day and sleep..

..That my truck is a mess.. along with this bedroom.. I just need time.

..That I’m missing Lucas’ personality while he’s sick so much that when I made a stupid joke and he didn’t laugh and go along with it.. I might of shed a tear.. or 3.

..To cry.

..To be an iPhone hater.. until you finally get an iPhone.. THEN..

..To be way too obsessed with your iPhone.

..That my Red Wings Pillowpet & my BIG Teddy Bear from Lucas’ work always stay in bed

 

I’m not good with this list this week, sorry. A lot on my mind.

In our hometown..
a boy I went to elementary school with tied up his ex-girlfriend and made her watch him kill her mom and her new boyfriend (a boy I graduated with) with an axe.
Then he committed suicide.

I was horrified when I found out.

I checked out the murder’s facebook (I wasn’t find with him, but it’s not private)
I was horrified to see his cover picture is a room with blood everywhere..
It was not from the scene.. he posted it days before.
All of his status’ were depressing and kind of creepy..
I also noticed that today, is his 20th Birthday.

I was shocked to see so many people talk about if only they would of noticed his status’… then maybe they could of talked to him and helped him.

But, I’m calling bullshit.

I was placed in a bad situation a few summers back after a breakup and I actually lost all of my friends because they “didn’t want to be involved” in the scary things I was dealing with. My friends didn’t leave me.. but I stopped talking to them because if my friend was scared to sleep at night you better believe I’d be doing something.. especially if I was friends with the person making my other friend fear for their life.
(Which was the case with most of my friends)

To this day some of my old friends don’t understand why I don’t care to talk to them.

I found out who my friends are.

Lucas stepped up to the plate BIG time and stayed by my side all the time. My parents were so grateful for him because he cared about my safety and he wanted to make sure I knew that. That was before him and I were even dating.. and he jumped in and was the best friend I’ve ever had.

But, tell me why people I knew for 5+ years let me walk away from our friendship?
They didn’t want to get involved.

While Lucas and I were best friends before dating..
(I didn’t think he wanted to date.. but, he totally did)

I was dating other guys.. those guys actually told me to deal with everything and then they’d date me because they didn’t want any drama and they were actually worried for their own safety.

Why does it take a death for us to open our eyes?
What if the signs are right in front of you?
Would you do anything or would you not get involved?

 

Please be grateful for everything you have in life.
Tell your loved ones that you love them every single day.
If you’re having a hard time, find someone to talk to.
Make sure your friends & family know that you’re always there if they need you.

”Life ain’t always beautiful.. but, it’s a beautiful ride.”
Untitled 3

4 comments:

  1. WOW how awful & sick. people are so gross. how awful. i love your its oks!! i def relate to the super tired but still not going to bed early haha! super cute blog, new follower!

    xx Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm teaching myself math because my professor sucks at teaching it! I'm so glad that the semester is almost over! Good luck with that micro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God. I can't believe that happened & to you - I don't know your story but I'm thankful that you are OK - sounds like you were in an awful situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! It was pure hell, but I'm grateful to be where I am today.. it really showed me what matters the most in life.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com