Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sick, sick, sick..

I wish I was typing this as I’m working hard on studying..
Yesterday I woke up with a painfully sore throat.
I had school 9-3.. and I felt so out of it.

When I got home from school, Luke was already headed to work.
So I got blankets and pillows ad watched crime shows on the couch
And sent and received super cute texts that made everything okay.

I fell asleep for a few hours, woke up to eat and take medicine.
I also watched Real Housewives of Orange Country
And Tabitha Takes over.

Then I went back to my much loved Crime shows and fell sleep.
I woke up 630am a little after Lucas had gotten home and wrote me a note
to let me know he didn’t want to wake me since I needed my sleep.
I felt HORRIBLE!
I took some medicine, ate a popsicle and went back to the couch to sleep.

I didn’t wake up until 1:30pm.
I still feel like total crap.

I have so much work to get done for school.
Finals are next week!!

I’m going to try and shower..
My mom is getting me a few things I need from the grocery store.

Here are the only things making this sickness a tiny bit better..

imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage

 

Ahh! My mom just brought me a Shamrock shake and told me she’s making me her homemade chicken noodle soup.. no onions! Yay!

 

Do you guys have any routines you do to kick a bad cold??
I’m desperate!

 

Untitled 3

4 comments:

  1. Drink lots of water, take a multivitamin, eat veggies and fruits and don't forget to rest. Fighting a cold is never fun! Feel better!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My routine is much like yours! Lots of rest, some good blog reading, hot water with lemon, moms cooking seems to make everything better!

    Get better soon love!

    xxx Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I get a cold (which is often) I take a hot bath and the steam really clears a stuffy nose and also gets rid of any headaches that comes w/coughing my brains out.
    If you don't have a bath tub, boil some water and hold your face over it and inhale the steam. Its really soothing.
    Um..also if you have a heat pack, that works nice on the neck/throat/and nasal area.
    I drink lots of chamomile tea with honey (yum!) and also english breakfast with milk and a litter sugar.
    If your throat hurts, gargle warm salt water. It reduces like tickling and irritation
    Sleep with your head elevated, two pillows so the mucusy nastiness doesn't build up in your sinuses.
    Wow, that was long. I get colds a lot so all these things help me get better. Hope it helps girl :) Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awh! feel better love! i'm so sorry to hear you're sickypoo.

    i like to use my hot teddy bear water pack and keep it on my forhead. plus lots of fruits, lots of soups, and lots of kisses from the love. which i think work just the best because you can't buy them ;)

    also warm blankets fresh from the dryer always help me get over feeling icky!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com