Monday, January 2, 2012

First post of the year!

Happy New Year, everyone!

I hope everyone brought it in exactly how they wanted to! I had to work, but I still had such a wonderful night! My parents had dinner there, then later Lucas came up so I could be the luckiest girl ever at midnight. I was so busy last night! No one else really was. At the end of the night once I counted my money, while everyone was bitching about not making anything, I could barely control my happiness!!

I got home a little after 4 and couldn't fall asleep. Seriously, I didn't go to bed until after 7am. I guess it's not surprise that I didn't wake up until 330.. and I didn't roll out of bed until after 5. My mom made an amazing dinner tonight! YUM!

So, nope.. I have not done anything productive today. Honestly, at 3:30 am.. I'm not even tired. This isn't any good.

The whole new year stuff is a little crazy to me. Why should it take a new YEAR for people to make a change? You have a new day every 24 hours, you could change then.. right? I couldn't even stay on facebook yesterday after seeing every post being about how horrible 2011 was and 2012 is going to be so much different, blah blah blah. Next year, I'm sure it'll be the same thing. I however enjoyed 2011. It's the first year I've had a boyfriend that I kept around for the entire year. I'm happy! I bet 2012 will be better, because my life seems to only get better day by day. I just think people aren't grateful for everything they have. Honestly, my tattoo is what I live by, "Trust Your Struggle". I think people would be better off if the didn't hold on to negative things that have happened to them, also if they didn't use their negative events in their life to get attention. Pain breeds strength, trust your struggle.

Everyone seems to be writing about their resolutions. I don't like resolutions. When people ask me what my resolution is, I tell them "To never make a resolution".. I'm really great at sticking to that one. I can't give you a list of all the things I'm going to say will change but in a month will be the same as they are now. I can however give you a list of things I would like to improve in my life. In no order, here we go...
1. Start reading more - my new Kindle Fire has got me pretty excited about reading. I've purchased a few books, and I've already started reading! I'd like to read a minimal of 2 books a week.
2. Kick major butt in school - In a week, I will be started at a new college! I have to maintain a 3.8 GPA.. 
3. Get Organized - my room, my truck, school, my life.
4. Shop no more than once a week - Well... That would be nice.. if it was humanly possible.
5. Become a decent blogger - No need to fib, I'm queen of slacking when it comes to blogging. 
6. Keep Scrapbooking - I had so much fun making one for Lucas! If only I wasn't a protectionist, it'd be better.. but, I need to keep at it!
7. Work out at LEAST 3 times a week - HELLLOOO?!?! NASHVILLE MARATHON IS IN 117 DAYS.. Realistically I need to be hitting the gym every single day.
8. Use my time more wisely - It's 4am and I'm up blogging.. I should of been sleeping hours ago.
9. Take cooking lessons from my mom - Lucas is obsessed with my mom's cooking.. so maybe I should start learning so I can be the best wifey ever.
10. Learn how to deal with my stress myself - I'm really, really great at taking out my frustration out on everyone around me when I'm stressed out. Considering this is going to be the most stressful time of my life.. I need to figure it out, fast.

There you go! I need to get to bed. I work in 12 hours. I'll leave you off with 2 pictures from the Piston's fan photo site... They're obviously blurry and what not.. I look god awful, I wasn't feeling good at all.. and my huge Red Wings jacket makes me look like I weight 480 pounds. Oh well, don't read my blog if you don't like me because I post not flattering pictures of myself and honestly, I don't really care!


Goodnight bloggers <3